Become a Leader in Creating a Feedback Culture
Feedback has a bad reputation. Getting constructive feedback is often met with defensiveness and ego.
But creating a culture of feedback is one of the best ways to ensure your team will be equipped to get what they need from others, as well as meet the expectations of their role and of the company.
In my virtual masterclass, How to Create a Culture of Feedback, I will give you the tools you need to set productive communication norms and mindsets on your team, including a customizable framework that will get you and your team started in giving and receiving feedback.
You can join on either date below and it’s absolutely free.
After this 60-minute class, you will come away with the skills to:
- Practice active listening, and giving and receiving feedback effectively
- Model and teach feedback delivery and active listening to your team
- Avoid the pitfalls of complex conversations
- Infuse the spirit of kind candor into your organization and team culture
- Immediately implement feedback in your day-to-day operations
How Is Feedback Culture Different?
Feedback culture can be the difference between a team that works in silos and a team that works together to make each project and conversation better, every single day.
Teams who go through my training and create a culture of feedback are able to:
- Strengthen trust and increase transparency on the team
- View feedback as generous and a way to improve and grow as individuals, as a team, and as an organization
- Significantly increase accountability among all team members; expectations are clearly defined and, most importantly, aligned and met
- Lower stress; no more time wasted worrying about assumptions, resentment, potential conflict, or relationship rifts
- Address issues quickly, and as a result, experience higher levels of productivity and collaboration
“If I had to put an ROI on our work together, it would be more than a 10x return on the company's financial investment. I don't think we would have made as many strides as we have on building a team and trusting one another if I had not hired Melissa as my coach."
Pulkit Agrawal, Founder & CEO at The 5th Ingredient
"I worked with Melissa as I transitioned into the role of CEO at LitLife. Melissa provided invaluable advice on managing a team, business development, and internal systems and structures at a time when I really needed the support."
Talia Kovacs, CEO at LitLife
“Melissa helped me develop the courage to have the difficult conversations (that I had been avoiding) with my team members.”
Katia Suchkova, Product Leader and Business Owner
Special Bonus: Register now and you’ll also receive several bonus gifts, including two worksheets and an entire feedback workbook, so you can immediately implement what you learn during the class and hold yourself and your team accountable for delivering productive feedback. It’s free, and I’ll send it to you just for attending.
Available in PDF format.
Melissa Eisler, MA, PCC
Melissa Eisler is an ICF certified executive coach. She partners with leaders to develop their systems thinking, resilience, strategic communication skills, and executive presence in order to reach individual, team, and organizational goals. She has coached hundreds of leaders ranging from C-suite to entrepreneur, and is passionate about supporting executives and teams on their growth journeys toward greater impact, more collaborative teams, and stronger results. Melissa blends more than 15 years of experience in leadership positions in the corporate world, with a master’s degree in organizational leadership and extensive background in mindfulness to help her clients master their leadership skills and steer their teams through challenges and change.